It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Mercury Marine a Division of Brunswick Corporation
Co-op Dates: January 9th 2023 – August 18, 2023 & May 22, 2023 – December 15, 2023
Be part of creating remarkable user experiences! You will become part of an integral team of designers committed to taking user experience design to the next level at Mercury Marine. You will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified industrial designers, user interface designers and usability design professionals who are responsible for developing helm to stern experiences for both on and off boat experiences.
You’ll learn how to work with a team of designers and software engineers to ensure our experiences are world class in the recreational boating industry.
In this role, you will:
- Execute functional designs with the highest-level of usability to maximize customer desire / market success
- Improve product usability and intuitiveness
- Be an ambassador for:
- Research – understanding our customers
- Empathy for customers experience
- Rapid, lo-fidelity prototyping
- Framing and telling the user story
- Being visual in your work
- Radical collaboration
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience, you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Gain confidence in your ability to influence people and manage challenging situations to achieve positive result
- Act as a liaison to all areas of the organization while you drive design execution
Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in User Experience, Industrial Design, or other design related field.
- User Interface design knowledge/experience
- HCI – Human Computer Interaction design knowledge/experience
- Lo-fidelity prototype creation
- Ability to tell a compelling user story
- Ability to provide clear, insightful, and actionable design critiques
- Bring something new to our team so that we can learn as much from you as you will from us.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.