Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a Metal Finisher who is seeking an environment to learn and grow while helping us take play to a higher level. Full time or Part time positions available on second shift starting at 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Hours can be discussed during the interview process.
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
What you’ll do –
This role helps us deliver high-quality play and playground equipment to communities around the world by:
- Operate hand grinders and other tools to ensure smooth surfaces of all welded components
- Reading and interpreting production drawings to produce quality product
- Examining parts for quality and spot welding to repair any parts that don’t meet quality standards or tolerances
- Use sanders, grinders, hand brushes, hand files, welding unit, tape measure and other equipment and tools to properly grind, polish and finish the parts
While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and be able to reach with your hands and arms. On a regular basis, we will need you to be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and be able to stand for up to 8-10 hours.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn new skills and develop with a growing company. What’s in it for you?
- Performance based competitive pay
- Benefits Package for full time employees
- 401K with a company match
- PTO, 3 weeks of vacation on start date & paid holidays
- Company provided lunches/summer incentive programs
- $1000 Sign-on Bonus
Qualifications That Move Us!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to read production drawings and schematics
- Basic to Intermediate Math Skills
- Ability to follow direction and safe operating procedures
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.