Fond du Lac
Are you ready for what’s next?
Come explore opportunities within Brunswick, a global marine leader committed to challenging conventions and innovating next-generation technologies that transform experiences on the water and beyond. Brunswick believes “Next Never Rests™,” and we offer a variety of exciting careers and growth opportunities within united teams defining the future of marine recreation.
Co-op Dates: January 2024 – August 2024 & May 2024 – December 2024
As a Metallurgical Engineer Co-op, you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified engineering professionals who are responsible for the design, production and manufacture of outboard and stern-drive engines for the recreational boating industry.
You will learn how to work with a team of managers, supervisors, technicians, and production employees on the plant floor, as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
- You will work in Mercury Marine’s aluminum high pressure diecast and lost foam foundries
- You will participate in the following: additive manufacturing (3D printing), prototype casting pours, 3D modeling and simulation, 2D plant layout designs, casting quality data capture & analysis, metal chemistry analysis, standard operating procedure (SOP) creation, and tooling (diecast, trim, and foam) design and maintenance assistance.
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Effectively and quickly collect and analyze data coming from manufacturing processes
- Analyze data and make recommendations that effectively improve process
- Effectively express your ideas, influence people, manage potentially contentious situations to a positive result and communicate with employees at all levels of an organization
Experience and Skills
- Current enrollment in a BS program with a major in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum second semester sophomore status with 48 completed credits
- Availability to work full-time (40 or more hours per week) through a full co-op term running January to August 2024 or June to December 2024
- The ability to enroll in a formalized co-op Program through your university
- Dependable, self-motivated and engaged learner
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 35 lbs.
Next is Now!
We value growth and development, recognizing that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.