Join our Team! CESA 6 is searching for a vibrant, self-motivated individual to be our Special Education Alternative School Teacher for Grades 6-8 at Amity Alternative School.
The Alternative School Teacher reports directly to the Alternative Education Center Director and works with students who require a more structured educational setting that focuses on their social and emotional learning as well as academics in an alternative setting. The Alternative School Teacher provides social and emotional instruction, as well as academic instruction to students with emotional and behavioral disabilities in an off site setting.
- Perform all aspects of classroom management, preparation and implementation of current teaching strategies.
- Teach general academics following the general curriculum /state standards to students with emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Teach daily social and emotional learning skills (SEL), regulation skills, executive functioning and problem solving skills.
- Work collaboratively with a strong teaching/support team involving a variety of educational professionals.
- Build positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
- Create and promote a positive, safe, and engaging learning environment that meets the individual needs of each learner.
- Perform all aspects of classroom management, preparation and implementation of current/best practice teaching strategies.
- Promote continuity between the CESA 6 Alternative Program and student’s home school district staff.
- Participate in the development and implementation of appropriate and functional IEP goals and objectives.
- Monitor student’s academic and behavior performance; collect IEP data on a regular basis.
- Collect and analyze student performance data accurately to develop and maintain effective instructional outcomes
- Use Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) training methods when the need arises for physical intervention with students.
- Submit forms, paperwork and follow procedures by the established timelines
- Maintain appropriate attendance/punctuality
- Practices continuous professional growth based on feedback, research and best practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Contract Days: 190
Salary: Based on education, qualifications and experience
Certification Required: DPI Special Education Teaching License valid for grade level (EBD preferred)
As a member-driven cooperative educational service agency, schools and districts turn to CESA 6 for quality resources, designed for today’s learner. A two-time Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award winner, CESA 6 provides an engaging, collaborative and supportive work environment in which we lean on each other for the varied experience and expertise that our staff bring to the table, as we collaborate to find the right products and solutions for today’s learners and learning environments.
CESA 6 offers great benefits such as: Health, Dental and Vision insurance; Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS); Wellness Program; Accident/Critical Illness insurance; Pet insurance; paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, CESA 6 will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
CESA 6 is an Equal Opportunity Employer