Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re seeking Welders who are detail-oriented, able to pass the onsite weld test and seeking an environment to learn and grow while helping us take play to a higher level. We have full time positions available on third shift 8:00pm and 6:30am Monday through Thursday with overtime available.
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
What you’ll do –
This role helps us deliver high-quality play and playground equipment to communities around the world by:
- Welding parts together to construct the world’s coolest playgrounds
- Reading and interpreting production drawings to create the quality products we deliver to our customers
- Performing thermal cutting, grinding and other activities requiring the use of pneumatic hand tools
- Inspecting products to ensure they conform to all quality standards
We use 3M™ Speedglas™ Heavy-Duty Welding Helmets in our welding department. We supply these as part of our PPE program and they are available to all welders. Here are a couple of links showing the 3M™ Speedglas™ Heavy-Duty Welding Helmets:
- 3M Speedglas G5-01 Heavy Duty Welding Helmet Brochure
- G5-01 Replacement Parts Poster
- 3M Speedglas G5-01 Features and Benefits Video [Available in the US]
While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to walk and be able to reach with your hands and arms. On a regular basis, we will need you to be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and be able to stand for up to 8-10 hours.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn new skills and develop with a growing company. What’s in it for you?
- Performance based competitive pay
- Ten percent shift premium for third shift
- Benefits Package for full time employees
- 401K with a company match
- PTO, 3 weeks of vacation on start date & paid holidays
- Company provided lunches/summer incentive programs
- $1000 Sign-on Bonus
Qualifications That Move Us!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specific experience with wire welding preferred (MIG welding)
- Able to read production drawings and schematics
- Basic to Intermediate Math Skills
- Ability to follow direction and safe operating procedures
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.