Fond du Lac
WE ARE LEADERS. WE ARE INNOVATORS.
WE ARE WABASH.
Wabash is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that is changing how the world reaches you. Each employee is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 35 years ago.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be — for our employees, our customers and our community.
The Operations Manager has the responsibility to manage the operational and fiscal activities of the shop floor operation. Plans and develops systems to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the operation. Leads staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Coaches and develops his/her staff and associates.
Must be able to handle a wide range of roles and responsibilities across different functions of the operation. Must be able to make good decisions on working with various aspects of all operations, including materials, maintenance, and quality. Must be able to communicate with internal sales and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all operational activities within the assigned area or facilities
- Plans and develops systems and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the assigned area of responsibility
- Analyzes and documents business processes and problems (continuous improvement). Uses Lean manufacturing principles to develop solutions to reduce or optimize operational cost.
- Supervises staff in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Participates in the hiring and orientation of new staff members
- Establishes internal goals & metrics as well as meeting those provided in the assigned area of responsibility
- Assists in the development of and work within budgets that support the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts
- Coaches and develops team
- Effectively and professionally communicates with all areas within the company as well as the customer base
- Schedules and conducts department meetings
- Provides all business reporting in a timely manner as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree; Majors Desired: Business, Business Management or Engineering
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:
- 5-8 years of progressive leadership experience in manufacturing operations is required (Experience in the trailer industry a plus)
- Computer proficiency in all Windows based software
- Working understanding of SAP
- Knowledge of quality, logistics systems and inventory management Understand business unit goals and metrics
- Must possess the ability to effectively lead the group through change management
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on business needs
- Safety conscious, goal oriented, results driven
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience in implementing/managing a Lean Manufacturing environment, working knowledge of other industry best practices in process improvement such as Six Sigma and other manufacturing skills and applications
- Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work and participate effectively in a team environment.
- Conduct yourself professionally in an office environment