Fond du Lac
Grande Cheese Company is a family owned enterprise built on a tradition, quality and outstanding performance. We are dedicated to our cultural pride, professional excellence and to the dignity and respect of our Associates.
Join our Family and receive a comprehensive benefits package, generous PTO available on day one, night and weekend shift premiums, up to $1,500 in bonuses, access to our Health and Fitness Centers, opportunities to develop your career and more!
Monday – Saturday, 4-10 hour shifts with (2) rotating days off, 7:30am-6:00pm.
$19.96/hour and up, plus shift and weekend premium!
Packaging and Inspection
- Under minimal supervision of the Team Manager and/or Team Leaders, cross-trained to operate secondary packaging equipment and related computer systems.
- Accountable to ensure finished products meet Grande quality and safety standards.
- Work is more varied and involves multiple product lines working simultaneously.
- Responsible for understanding and correctly executing all processes pertaining to the diversity of products.
- Complete required paperwork, logs, and computer systems for inventory accuracy.
- Possess expert knowledge of system and data requirements.
- Ensure continuous flow of product and monitor for proper positioning, spacing, sealing, and correct codes/labels.
- Independently make decisions to correct and prevent issues as needed in a timely manner.
- Perform visual inspection for any defects and rework or discard defective products based on procedures.
- Setup, calibrate, make adjustments, troubleshoot and perform maintenance to the packaging equipment.
- Operate and inspect forklifts.
- May at times require lifting of up to 100 pounds.
- Maintain a clean working area by performing general sanitation of all packaging equipment to keep the work area pathogen free.
- Complete all required documentation, recordkeeping, and reporting as required by law and/or regulatory agencies, (i.e. DNR, DOL, EEOC, FDA, IMS, OSHA, SQF, USDA, WDA, etc.).
- Follow all SAFETY (food & workplace) policies and procedures.
All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Follow government standards and regulations.
- Provide back-up relief as needed.
Qualification & Requirements:
- High School or GED preferred.
- Three (3) months or more of related work experience and/or training in a food manufacturing industry strongly preferred.
- Basic math, reading, writing, and computer skills
- Ability to follow instructions/policies/procedures in written, verbal, or diagram form.