The City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, is a beautiful and thriving community of 44,678 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Parking Facilities Helper (Part-time) in the Parking Facilities Division of Community Development. This part-time position (20 hrs/week – Hours are 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.) will be under general supervision by the Parking Facilities Lead to assist in the maintenance and repair of parking meters; maintain parking ramps and parking lots; and to perform related work as required.
Various duties and responsibilities include:
- Clean and maintain parking lots and ramps.
- Service meters.
- Assist with snow removal in lots and ramps.
- Miscellaneous repairs, painting, and placement of signs.
- Assist with keeping records and reports.
- Assist in coordinating with vendors/contractors doing work in lots and/or ramps.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities include:
- Considerable knowledge of maintenance and repair work.
- Ability to make mechanical repairs.
- Ability to develop effective public relationships.
- Ability to keep records and make reports.
- Ability to perform manual labor of medium intensity.
- Ability to withstand exposure to variable weather conditions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- Graduation from high school.
- Previous experience in mechanical maintenance and repair work.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 457 and Roth retirement plans. Starting salary is $17.94 – $18.97 based on knowledge, skills, and abilities with potential to receive annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets.
Please submit a completed application, or cover letter and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position. Submissions reviewed upon receipt.