JOB SUMMARY: This position will act as the receptionist and/or administrative assistant for the all administrative staff at the main office. The position involves the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment.
- Perform varied secretarial responsibilities including typing, filing and photocopying.
- Prepare specific reports.
- Compose correspondence with only general instructions.
- File and maintain accurate records.
- Perform quality control on tenant files.
- Create monthly newsletters for apartment building complexes and every other month for family units.
- Receive and refer telephone calls.
- Provide program information to general public and other agencies as requested.
- Perform office work including typing leases, contracts, letters, inspection books and income changes. Completes third party verification forms and mail to appropriate parties.
- Assist staff with appointment scheduling.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Internal: The Administrative Assistant will have regular contact with all Housing Authority employees.
External: The Administrative Assistant will have contact with vendors.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The majority of work will be performed in a normal office environment. Bending, crawling, and lifting various objects of approximately ten pounds is also required on an occasional basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma required. Secretarial Science degree or two years of work experience preferred. Proven ability to type 40 words per minute of error free copy is required using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Proven ability to communicate both orally and in writing is required. Ability to learn computer software programs used by the Housing Authority.
- Wisconsin Retirement – employer pays employer portion, employee is responsible for employee’s portion
- State of Wisconsin Health Insurance Plan, (Family or Single Plan) (Employee’s pay approximately 10% of the premium) (currently zero deductible except for prescription drugs have a small co-pay).
- 100% Life Insurance Paid
- Dental insurance for employee. (Employee can purchase for spouse and/or dependents.)
- Vision Insurance. (Employee can purchase.)
- Disability Insurance. (Employee can purchase.)
- Vacation time
- Holidays (includes 4 days of floating holidays)
- Funeral leave and sick days
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation – IRS 457 (Voluntary Program)
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – Flexible Spending Accounts (Voluntary Program)
- Workweek: 30 hours per week Monday – Friday –
- Schedule: Hours between 8 AM to 5 PM with an hour lunch or 8 AM to 4:30 PM with ½ hour lunch
Housing Authority of the City of Fond du Lac
15 North Marr Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54935-3463
Equal Opportunity Employer
Starting wages: $15.45 per hour