SUMMARY: Assist Maintenance staff by keeping the facilities machinery / equipment and production areas in a clean and orderly condition by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors in the general production areas. Sweeps the main aisles of the entire plant with the in-plant sweeper, clean and scrub main aisles.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines.
- Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion and improve appearance. Cleans production equipment thoroughly as part of the process of general maintenance and as equipment is down for repair.
- Cleans interior walls of plant facility and repairs or paints walls, trim and floors.
- Assist production with processing parts including but not limited to installing clips, Cryo Temper and packing parts.
- Assists with other light maintenance projects as directed.
- Read special instructions as required. Records information using various form, logs and computer system.
- Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by our management systems.
- Work schedule may vary due to availability of production equipment; overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric system.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.