Marchant Schmidt is a global leader in the manufacture of Industrial Food Cutting Solutions and serves the world from our manufacturing sites in the United States and the United Kingdom. With a strong engineering focus, we produce Hygienic Automation solutions and are known to be direct food contact specialists. Family values drive our culture, innovation, quality and responsible customer partnerships.
This position is responsible for preparing quotations and orders for customers, machines, parts, services, etc. Various additional sales support functions will be required as time permits.
- Interface with Account Managers, Sales Designers, Engineering, Manufacturing, Accounting and Service departments
- Analyze historic manufacturing data to identify costs
- Review CAD and Solid works files from customer and internal sources at Marchant Schmidt
- Prepare detailed quotations on equipment, parts, and services
- Enter customer orders in ERP business system
- Responsible for coordinating, tracking, and data entry of part sales orders to include obtaining quote from supplier, entering sales order, placing purchase order with appropriate supplier when necessary, tracking orders for customers
- Create: quotes, sales orders, export documentation, purchase orders as required, parts package pricing lists, and BOM’s for spare parts packages
- Coordinate returns (RGAs) from customers
- Coordinate with suppliers’ warranty repair of items from customers’ returns.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Regularly review the back-order report, expedite delivery dates with suppliers, updates sales order delivery dates and inform customers of changes.
- Update Item Master in ERP systems as needed.
- Follow all MSI procedures, processes, and work instructions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications, Education, Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Business, Marketing or Sales
- 3-5 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A passion for sales with previous experience in negotiation and customer service.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing software, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Self-directed: requires minimal supervision while multitasking in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Consistently follows through with assignments.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: deals effectively with differences of opinion; influences and draws ideas from others. Facilitates positive morale.
- Customer focused and service oriented: committed to delivering high quality products on time to internal and external customers. Works closely with internal and external customers to define and document requirements and develop solutions. Identifies and engages key customers at all levels of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.