2 K Sign On Bonus!
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real – time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Gathers necessary clinical information and processes referrals, pre-certification, pre-determinations, and pre-authorizes according to insurance plan requirements
- Verifies insurance coverage, benefits and creates price estimates, reverifications as needed
- Collects patient co-pays as appropriate and conducts conversations with patients on their out-of-pocket financial obligations
- Identifies outstanding balances from patient’s previous visits and attempts to collect any amount due
Responsible for collecting data directly from patients and referring provider offices to confirm and create scheduled appointments for patient services prior to hospital discharge
- Responsible for collecting data directly from patients and referring provider offices to confirm and create scheduled appointments for patient services prior to hospital discharge
- Responds to patient and caregivers’ inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of specific registration requirements for all areas, including but not limited to: Main Admitting, OP Registration, ED Registration, Maternity, and Rehabilitation units.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent experience
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience such as hospital, office setting, customer service setting, or phone support
- 1+ years of computer experience
- Ability to work onsite in 620 W Brown St, Waupun WI 53963
- Ability to work Per diem Monday – Sunday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.