Job ID: R38654
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location: 210 Wisconsin American Dr
Fond Du Lac, WI 54937
855 N Westhaven Dr
Oshkosh, WI 54904
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hours Per Week: 28
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
M/TH/F AND M/T/TH 7:30-4:30HOURS IN FDL AND OSH
- Accepts testing orders accurately for computed tomography (CT), ultrasound and diagnostic examinations from appropriate individuals (physician, nurse, etc.).
- Schedules patient visits using guidelines established within scheduling system. Recognizes exceptional scheduling situations and takes appropriate action.
- Provides accurate, detailed information regarding test preparations, time of patient arrival, and any other directional information needed by each caller. Takes appropriate action in responding to exceptional questions presented by caller.
- Sorts and distributes reservations, schedules, route slips, etc., to appropriate departments in a timely manner. Takes appropriate action when delays are imminent.
- Coordinates cancellations, reschedules, and additions to schedules accurately. Takes appropriate action when changes, reschedules, and/or additions affect the charge entry systems.
- Monitors availability of time slots for patient scheduling. Alerts supervisor when wait time for individual tests is extensive.
- Performs general office functions.
- Responsible for the basic maintenance of equipment and calling appropriate repair people when necessary.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.
- High School Graduate.
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in a hospital or medical office.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Excellent organization and public relations skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment without direct supervision.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit the majority of the workday and use a computer terminal 80 % of the time.
- Must have functional senses to allow effective communication.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.