Fond du Lac
Trusted. Genuine. Successful. National Exchange Bank & Trust is an independent, family-owned bank with big bank abilities, serving Southeastern Wisconsin. Founded in 1933, we are a trusted business partner, employer, and community member. At National Exchange Bank & Trust, you will enjoy a flexible, friendly, family environment, a rewarding career, and opportunities to make a difference in the communities we serve. We believe in bringing out the best in our talent and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment of growth and development.
As a Payments & Recon Representative, you will work within a team in the Deposit Operations area under the direction of your Team Leader. Your responsibilities will include System Balancing, Overdraft and ACH Processing. Specific areas of responsibility within the Payments & Recon team include overdraft analysis, balancing bank general ledger accounts, verifying business checks, troubleshooting balancing issues, and managing ACH processing. You will also handle the daily operational functions within the Item Processing department, which includes importing and balancing files throughout the day, assisting branches with scanning and balancing for proof of deposit, etc.
Skills & Attributes
The following skills and attributes are needed to be successful in your banking career as a Payments & Recon Representative:
- Positive, friendly, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Work in a team orientated environment, while also being self-sufficient.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills to effectively work with all levels of management and team members.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion of customer and bank information.
- Ability to operate standard office and bank equipment and required software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook and applicable banking systems.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in banking and balancing is preferred.
- Proficient product & services knowledge and working knowledge of Reg E and Reg CC Guidelines and Banking Terminology is preferred.
- Six to twelve months of on-the-job training is required to become familiar with departmental policies and procedures.
National Exchange Bank & Trust offers a competitive benefit package including but not limited to the following:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA, FSA, Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life/Accident insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match & Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Scheduling & Telecommuting Options
- Education Assistance Program
- Products & Service Discounts & more!