Huberty is a CPA-led, professional service firm where an inspired team places clients first. At Huberty, our mission is to be the most sought-after firm in our core service area: Accounting, Analysis, Strategy, and Planning. Our vision is to be a destination for innovation and inspiration.
Our firm’s strategy and vision are driven by our culture day in and day out. We focus on strategies that enhance the overall well‐being of our team members. In fact, at Huberty, our entire strategic platform revolves around building a culture of trust and promoting happy, healthy, and fulfilled employees and owners. Our commitment to culture isn’t just talk. If you’re looking for a career that inspires you to be your best self, Huberty is your destination.
The Payroll Specialist will work with various clients in regard to their bookkeeping and payroll needs. This individual will be responsible for timely and accurately processing payroll and bookkeeping services, along with end of year reporting. This role is non-exempt.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual payroll reports as required.
- Authorize and submit payroll tax payments as required by clients via online or check.
- Real-time payroll processing for clients including printing checks or direct deposit.
- Work with clients to resolve and troubleshoot various issues.
- Process various bookkeeping/payroll tasks via Sage, QuickBooks or other bookkeeping software.
- Must be familiar with Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance for payroll/health insurance.
- Will handle basic and intermediate general accounting task including but not limited to general ledgers, financial statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other various bookkeeping documents as needed.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business, or acquired experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years of current payroll & bookkeeping experience.
- Basic knowledge of general accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Must have an outgoing personality that can interact easily with clients at all skill levels.
- Must have strong computer and technology experience.
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
- Some knowledge in Accounting Creative Solutions (ACS) would be desirable but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products.
- Basic knowledge in payroll tax, sales and use, and multi-state tax issues/processes.
Huberty offers a robust benefit package including; health, dental/vision, life insurance, paid time off, 401K plan, remote work options, dress for day and much more.
Huberty is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time