- Greet and acknowledge customers. Provides excellent customer service to patients, coworkers, and ancillary departments. Inform patients when delays are encountered with filling their prescriptions.
- Retrieve completed orders from will call and call a pharmacist when the customer is ready for consultation.
- Coordinates purchasing and pricing of OTC inventory and office supplies. Coordinates inventory returns and outdates. Ensure self-service pharmacy items are appropriately stocked and front end of pharmacy is neat, orderly and effectively merchandised. Maintains knowledgeable of merchandise and assists customers within the pharmacy.
- Bills insurance and/or customers for prescriptions and merchandise and can resolve routine questions and/or insurance rejections or escalate to proper channels.
- Maintain patient charges, payroll deductions and monthly billing per local policy. Operates the cash register or point of sale (POS) system and performs end of day balance per established procedures.
- Answer telephones and emails, responding to inquiries that do not require the attention of a pharmacist or technician. Record complete messages for follow up by another pharmacy member.
- Reconciles invoices to medications and supplies received according to established procedures. Monitors inventory and reports discrepancies to a technician or pharmacist.
- Delivers medications to patients as assigned and allowed per all state and federal regulations, including but not limited to bedside delivery, preparation of mailed and couriered prescriptions, and counter service pick up.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.