Fond du Lac
It’s more than a career, it’s a callingWI-Agnesian Health Plaza Bldg A
Fond du Lac Regional Clinic SC, a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group affiliated with SSM Health through a professional service agreement, is recruiting for a SSM Health employed Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner. Professionally rewarding opportunity to join an established department of experienced orthopedic surgeons with dedicated advanced practitioner support.
- General orthopedic surgery position supporting a group of 4 orthopedic surgeons
- Excellent work/life balance
- On call responsibilities of 1:3
- Epic electronic medical record
- Market competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Enjoy being an integral part of a family-focused community, while having the advantages of living near major metropolitan areas
- Master’s degree in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Prefer post-education experience in orthopedic surgery or a surgical specialty
- Prefer first-assist OR experience
- Wisconsin registered nurse license and advanced practice nurse licensure or certified physician assistant
SSM Health St. Agnes Hospital, a 174 bed facility and nonprofit Catholic institution, is a leader in providing quality state-of-the-art healthcare services, whether it is cancer treatment; comprehensive heart care through the Dale Michels Center for Heart Care, including angioplasty and open-heart surgery; home or hospice care; maternity services; minimally invasive and robotic surgery; sports medicine; behavioral health services; women’s health services; occupational health services; rehabilitation services and 24-hour emergency care. SSM Health St. Agnes Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center.
Fond du lac, a thriving community of just over 43,000, is situated at the foot of Wisconsin’s Lake Winnebago (a location that gives the city its French name), Fond du Lac is an easy drive to Milwaukee, Madison (the state capital) and Green Bay.
Lake Winnebago is Wisconsin’s largest inland lake. The 400 acres of islands and lakefront making up Lakeside Park are a focal point for outdoor activity throughout the summer. Additionally, Kettle Moraine State Park is within a short drive.
Fond du Lac’s educational system consistently gets top academic performance grades in both state and national ratings and the public and private elementary and secondary systems are widely recognized as one of the best in the state and the Midwest.
Job Summary:Under the direction of the Supervising Physician(s) and in association with hospital/clinical staff, assists in the delivery of quality medical care.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Attends initially to a patient in any setting to obtain a personal medical history, perform an appropriate physical examination, and record and present pertinent data concerning the patient, including all screenings and diagnostics, in a manner meaningful to the supervising physician.
- Performs, or assists in performing, routine diagnostic studies as appropriate for the specific practice setting.
- Performs routine therapeutic procedures, including, but not limited to; injections immunizations; suturing and care of wounds; application and removal of splints or cast; and oral medications.
- Instructs and counsels patients on physical and mental health, including diet, disease, normal growth and development.
- Depending upon specialty of practice, assists the physicians in the hospital by making patient rounds, recording patient progress notes, compiling and recording discharge summaries, and accurately writing and executing orders under the supervision of a physician and with physician co-signature as required.
- Reflecting specialty of practice, abides by the bylaws, advanced practice provider guidelines, and other hospital regulations concerning clinical privileges, rules of conduct, parking regulations, and no solicitation. Does not participate in any activity that is not approved by hospital credentialing. Adheres to policies on “physician extenders” and “supervision of advanced practice providers in the hospital setting.”
- Assists in the delivery of medical care to the patient by reviewing and monitoring treatment and the therapy plans.
- Performs independently evaluative and treatment procedures necessary to provide an appropriate response to life-threatening emergency situation.
- Facilitates referral of patients to other appropriate community health care facilities, agencies, and resources.
- Issues written prescriptions orders for drugs under the supervision of the physician.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a health care related field or Advanced Practice Provider Certificate
- One year healthcare experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications: Physician Assistant (PA) – State of Work Location
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Job Type: Employee
Department: 7310010166 Ortho MOB
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.