Fond du Lac
It’s more than a career, it’s a callingWI-Fond du Lac Regional Clinic Main
Seeking BC or BE a general adult neurologist for a unique opportunity to join an established neurology practice with the Fond du Lac Regional Clinic, SC, a physician-owned and governed, multi-specialty group affiliated with SSM Health through a professional service agreement. Additional details:
- Join an established and respected neurologist in an outpatient focused practice including inpatient consults
- Subspecialty interests are welcomed and can be pursued in moderation
- Excellent quality of life practice offering a four-day work week
- Call will be shared equally at 1:3 with the assistance of Telestroke services
- There is also an established hospitalist service in place
- Practice will include some outreach
- Competitive compensation and benefits package offered including sign-on payment
- Shareholder status potential after year one
Agnesian HealthCare Overview
Agnesian HealthCare is an integrated health care system comprised of eight ministries headquartered in Fond du Lac, WI. The Fond du Lac Regional Clinic is a physician-governed, multi-specialty service corporation with 105 physicians. In 2018, Agnesian HealthCare became a part of SSM Health, a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin and Surrounding Area
- Midwest values of friendliness, hard work and sense of community.
- Access to three universities, top-rated public and private schools, active cultural and arts scene, local boutiques, and a beautiful trail system that connects many of the parks and recreation areas.
- Healthy economy, with a lower than average national cost of living.
- Countless opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, including hunting, fishing, boating, camping, cycling, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, and hiking.
- Fastest growing metropolitan center in the state.
- Excellent highway network provides easy access to Wisconsin’s largest business and consumer markets: the Fox Cities, Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
- Close to several major airports and just one hour away from an international airport. Corporate, private and charter air services are available at Fond du Lac’s general aviation airport.
- Fond du Lac County is a growing tourism destination.
Job Summary:Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:Physician – State of Work Location
Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)
Department:7720000166 ADMINISTRATION – CLINIC
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.