- LocationPO Box 197, 401 N Main St Rosendale, WI, 54974, United States
- Job CategoryLabor
- Employee TypeRegular Full Time
Primary purpose of the role
The Machine Operator is generally responsible for the safe operation of the filling equipment. Specifically, the operator sets the speed of the equipment to pace the line in accordance with the specified efficiency standards, or as directed by the supervisor. Additionally, the operator is responsible to adjust the timing to ensure proper weight and or volume of product is dispensed in accordance with quality specifications.
- Operator will maintain filler speeds, adjust timing, check accuracy by manually weighing a sample every 15 minutes or as required by specification.
- Operator must perform/maintain packaging quality integrity.
- Operator will immediately advise the production supervisor anytime he or she experiences a malfunction with the equipment.
- Operator will maintain a clean and organized work area that is consistent with the local Good Manufacturing Practices and / or as directed by the supervisor.
- Follow all company policies including but not limited to general manufacturing and safety practices.
- This position has responsibility for Food Safety and Quality within their influence.
- The associate in this job has the responsibility to report, in a timely manner, Food Safety and Quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action on those problems.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by management.
- Ability to work overtime as needed- Essential
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules- Essential
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions – Essential
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, crouch, stoop, reach, stretch, step, climb and/or sit frequently or through the duration of the shift – Essential
- Have appropriate eye, hand and foot coordination to properly use various equipment and/or tools – Essential
- Ability to load/unload, lift/move equipment/product which may weigh up to 50 pounds – Essential
- Pass all company testing – Essential
- Previous experience working on a production line that uses filler equipment- Essential