|Job Title||Intern- Premium Receivables|
|Employment Status:||Non-Exempt; Full-time Summer|
|Schedule:||Ex. 40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
|Position Location:||Corporate office|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking a summer intern to join our Premium Receivables team within our Finance department in the geographic area of Fond du Lac. This position supports the Premium Receivables department by performing general duties such as assisting in daily cash flow, processing cancellations, and generating refunds. The intern will also be responsible for reconciling daily cash, and processing data entry of billing contacts.
About the Role
- Assists in maintaining the accuracy of Pool Agent documentation by reviewing agent accounts for FEIN numbers, identifying the missing financial information, and sending out W-9 forms to receive the missing information.
- Assists in managing the premium receivables workflow by completing various manual reports.
- Completes “New Business” procedures; prepares cash for deposit; sets up ACH withdrawals; maintains or creates new agent files.
- Assists with gathering data for continuous improvement projects as needed by the Finance Technical Analyst.
- Assists in the billing process, which may include but is not limited to: processing payments, analyzing financial data and resolving discrepancies, and processing cancellations for non-payment.
- Assists the Finance department on various projects as assigned.
- Contributes to overall premium receivables function by completing a variety of assigned projects with accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepares daily incoming mail by opening envelopes; distributing bills to appropriate person.
- Contributes to team effort by providing back-up and assistance to the Finance department when needed.
- You are composed and enjoy working with ambiguity.
- You are customer focused and relate well to all kinds of people.
- You are patient and practice attentive and active listening.
- You set objectives and goals to reach deadlines.
- You are personally committed to continual improvement.
- You are a strong communicator.
- You are logical and enjoy solving problems.
What it Will Take
- Pursuing Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on a 4-point scale.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate status.
- Basic computer software knowledge (word processing, e-mail, accessing and updating databases).
- Experience with operating typical office machines (such as a copy machine, fax machine, computer).
What Society Can Offer (Full-time Employment)
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.