Intern Program Overview:
Our Walsworth internship program is designed to enable you to gain knowledge, skills and abilities to perform at a professional level, as well as a foundational knowledge of who Walsworth is, how we work and our processes. We value the opportunity to invest in the next generation of business leaders, and our goal is to offer you a rewarding experience that may lead to a long-term career with our company
As the Walsworth – Ripon Prepress Intern, you will participate in design and customer service training and projects within our Prepress Department. This position reports to the Customer Care Manager. (Ideal work schedule would be Mon – Fri, 12 pm – 7pm. However, the shift could be flexible.)
- Analyze job tickets
- Use graphics and/or prepress software
- Maintain project, image, photo, and/or illustration files
- Create and/or edit objects, shapes, charts, images, and/or graphics
- Create and/or edit layouts
- Perform pre-flight print on job files
- Review proofs
- Maintain pre-press equipment
- Participate on a code purple team
- Demonstrate skills in providing internal customer service.
- Work across company departments and divisions to accomplish company goals.
- Comply with all work rules and regulations, including completion of safety training.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interface with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision
- Ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong customer service skills.
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of at least 60 credit hours towards a degree program OR completion of at least four semesters of college (Graphics Communications or similar degree program preferred)
- Have reliable transportation to and from the assigned office location
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen & background check