The Preschool Enrichment Instructor is expected to teach parents and children fitness and wellness in a fun, safe and interactive environment.
1. Be comfortable working to implement the Mission Statement of the YMCA. The Fond du Lac Family YMCA is a non-profit charitable association dedicated to putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.Set up and tear down classroom/gymnasium
2. Teach a 30-minute to one hour class to parents and children
3. Come up with own lesson plans
4. Be adaptable to change regarding class structure and format
5. Act as a positive role model using the YMCA’s core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility
6. Be aware and implement all safety precautions and emergency procedures when necessary
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Family Enrichment Lead
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Must be high energy and enthusiastic and love working with kids. Must have creative strategies to design and implement music and movement into theme based classes
2. Must have excellent interpersonal skills in relating to children and parents from diverse backgrounds
3. Must be able to easily move through all program areas and effectively communicate and actively interact with customers.
4. Must be able to lift and carry (5 – 50 pounds)
5. Must be able to perform physical functions necessary to program instruction, including but not limited to squatting, bending, kneeling
6. Teaching background helpful but not necessary
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.