Works under the supervision of the Director. Responsible for the supervision of an assigned group of children to insure their health and safety. Develop a well balanced daily schedule and an age appropriate lesson plans, including activities to stimulate social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth.
- Creates opportunities for enhancing student skills. Plans and implements activities that are consistent with student abilities, interests and educational plans.
- Assists with school inclusion, inclusion in alternate school settings, the development of appropriate curriculum, workshop/life skills, speech and language, art, music, and adaptive physical education.
- Provides staff in-services.
- Maintains data and other records complying with all state, federal, department, and organization regulations
- Displays enthusiasm and appropriate energy level to maintain students motivation, cooperation, and participation.
- Encourages student independence in communication, decision making and other activities.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.