Title: Print Press Operator
Reports To: Print/Die cut Lead
Employment Status: Full time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Core Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm M-F Hours are subject to change based on customers’ demands.
The purpose of this position is to setup and operate the printing press accurately to ensure the quality of products produced meets customers’ specifications.
- Read and understand instructions provided with the production ticket
- Image print plates
- Setup the press to match and hold color standard expectations per customer approved proofs and drawdowns
- Minimize setup and run waste
- Strive to continuously improve best rates
- Complete job tickets and recap forms accurately
- Basic day to day maintenance such as changing printing and coating blankets, cleaning cloths, and lubrication
1. Housekeeping – Tour Ready Daily
2. Proficient in set-up and operation of printing press to match color standards
3. Maximize production speed while minimizing waste
- Must be able to work with independently with minimal supervision
- Must have mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot minor press issues
- Must be able to pass a color test
- Must exhibit the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quantity of Work: Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays a commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies management feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions Ability to use sound judgment, utilizing QPI procedures and policies, when making decisions.