As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for engineering matters relating to planning, managing and improving production methods and processes. You will be able to participate in cross-functional teams representing manufacturing engineering at every stage of the design and development process. You will also collaborate with colleagues in other engineering functions as well as production, research, marketing and after-sales service.
- Examines equipment, processes, operations, and assembly procedures to determine time or quality revisions and suggests improvements.
- Carry out changes or monitor operations standards. Evaluate vendor proposals for new equipment purchases.
- Select suitable manufacturing processes and applies modern organizational principles to make products at a competitive cost.
- Identify & optimize current and new manufacturing processes using continuous improvement
- Methodize fabrication of parts/assemblies
- Conduct Capability Studies and perform Time Studies
- Process Development – may include Visual Work Instructions
- Shop support and process trouble-shooting
- Cost (scrap, rework, cycle time, etc.) reduction
- Specify tools, jigs and fixtures
- Project coordination and daily troubleshooting
- Participate in Kaizen events
- BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering or combined related experience required
- 2-4 years engineering project experience in a metal manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in Lean manufacturing techniques, Capability Studies, Process Mapping, FMEA, and root cause analysis
- Must be capable of taking a project lead role and comfortable in a fast-moving continuous improvement culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with aggressive deadlines
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Pro-E & Auto Cad a strong plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.