Full Time, Permanent
Job Title: Processed Meat Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Meat Department Manager
Maintains stock levels in the meat department by replenishing products as needed. Execute the boomerang theory by providing exceptional service to all guests.
Our Meat & Seafood Department Leaders guide a team of Associates who provide or guests with exceptional service coupled with tips & tricks to ensure no matter the cut of meat, our guests feel confident to season & cook it perfectly.
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Maintaining Inventory levels and proper stock levels
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Ensures accurate pricing by placing the corresponding price and ingredient labels on each package
- Fills, rotates, and removes products from the sales floor.
- Identifies which products are at an unacceptable stock level and replenishes them with available supply
- Maintains freshness by filling newer products to the back/bottom of the display and ensuring that closer dated products are sold first, as well as removing products that are outdated, stale, or otherwise unacceptable to make available for sale
- Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on the store premises.
- Must have knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Frequently near moving machinery.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Processed Meat Manager is an hourly position that is full-time. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we’re not simply selling groceries, we’re on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our “Boomerang Principle”–empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will “Bring the Customer Back”. We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
HSA and HRA Plans
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Associate Discount Card
Group and Voluntary Life Insurance
Mary Miller, MMiller@festfoods.com (920) 273-0490