Fond du Lac
WE ARE LEADERS. WE ARE INNOVATORS.
WE ARE WABASH.
Wabash is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that is changing how the world reaches you. Each employee is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 35 years ago.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be — for our employees, our customers and our community.
The Production Electrician will be responsible for assembling and installing, pre-air and light systems, complete install and testing of air brake systems, overfill protection systems and 12-volt lighting systems. This is a crucial position in the manufacturing process and is therefore expected to produce high-quality work while keeping to production timelines. This position requires care and constant attention to shop activities to avoid injury to self or others.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Health Benefits, including dental and vision
- 401K with match
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment includes exposure to high decibels of noise, temperature, weather variations, metal welding processes and chemicals, which may include solvents, undercoating, paint, and caulking. Fast paced environment with moving equipment and motorized vehicles.
*The above job description is a broadly based description and is not intended to contain the specifics of a particular job. This description is not a contract for employment. It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential duties assigned by the supervisors with the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the locations overall benefit.
- Experience with electrical and air components is preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Requires minimum of eight hours standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling with a full range of body mechanics/movements.
- Regularly required to lift and carry up to 35 (thirty-five) pounds. Frequently required to lift and carry up to fifty-five (55) pounds. Occasionally required to lift and carry up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring use of ladder, stairs, heights, platforms and climbing in and out of trailers or working under trailers in tight spaces.
- Must have ability to operate a variety of power and hand tools safely, work with compressed air safely, operate fork trucks safely and utilize personal protective equipment (PPE).