As a Production Group Leader, you will be the first line leader to support team members within your area/zone. You will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day activities in order to maintain scheduled production requirements and to ensure your team is successful.
This position will be on 2nd Shift, Monday through Thursday, 2pm to Midnight. There maybe occasional overtime required on Fridays from 1pm to 9pm.
- Creates an environment of continuous improvement
- Empowers and expects every team member to contribute to continuous improvement
- Demonstrates a core value of respectful treatment of all team members in every discussion, interaction and decision
- Desires to eliminate waste and to develop team member skill to improve lean operations
- Ensure that employees are properly trained by their Team Leader or other designated trainer in the areas of safety, quality, equipment operation and 6S
- Work with technical staff to ensure proper support
- Establish annual goals and objectives that support the attainment of operating metrics
- Work to continuously improve processes and reduce inventories and work in progress
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees regarding employee relations issues
- Collaborate with Union Stewards in contract and discipline issues
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of supervisory experience in a medium/high volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Manufacturing Engineering or Operations is preferred.
- Proven history of ability to lead with a servant leadership mindset.
- Previous professional, internship or co-op experience will be taken into consideration as relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-driven and ambitious with proven leadership capabilities, including providing coaching, mentoring and supervision within a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Strong problem solving skills, including encouraging others on your team to think proactively and create solutions.
- Basic understanding of process control, production scheduling, Kaizen, Kanban and Lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Stooping, bending, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity and able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.