Fond du Lac
JOB PURPOSE or JOB SUMMARY:
Commonwealth Construction Corporation is looking to add a reliable Project Manager to the growing team, responsible for leading multiple projects, primarily in the multi-family market. Project Manager will be accountable for effective execution of the construction phase on these projects, working alongside our internal development and design partners. Project Manager will be headquartered at the Commonwealth corporate office in Fond du Lac, with some periodic travel required as we operate in markets spanning across much of the United States.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and direct construction projects from start of design through project completion & turnover.
- Work alongside preconstruction & estimating department, ensuring scope and price certainty to establish proper project budget – Execute project financial management accordingly.
- Lead project team in attaining an early understanding of project requirements and details to establish proper project schedule – Execute project schedule accordingly.
- Early engagement with trade partners to establish relationships in the communities we serve and ensure pricing/bid coverage.
- Point contact for internal customers (designers, developers, property managers), responsible for meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- General management of project team, including site supervisors, project engineers & coordinators.
- Scope, negotiate and contract with appropriate subcontractor and supplier trade partners.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with all building and safety regulations, quality standards and diversity/inclusion requirements.
- Prepare internal and external communications as it relates to the job status.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and manage risk accordingly.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, and reach above shoulders. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to noise, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but it can be loud at times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Salary is negotiable and based on experience.