Fond du Lac
|Job Title||Property, Auto, & Liability Claims Intern|
|Home Department:||Property, Auto, & Liability Claims|
|Employment Status:||Non-Exempt; Temporary Part-Time|
|Schedule:||Ex. 40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
|Position Location:||Corporate Office/ Flexible work schedules|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking a summer 2024 intern to join our Property, Auto, & Liability Claims team in the geographic area of Fond du Lac. Supports the Property/Auto/Liability Claims department by developing technical knowledge of the department; handling claims, executing job shadows; completing assigned projects in accordance with departmental and company guidelines and standards.
About the Role
- Settles low-level claims by reviewing coverages on first-party losses or determining legal liability on third-party losses to reach an agreement with the insured or claimant according to policy provisions and authority level.
- Ensures proper documentation of assigned files by complying with company and state requirements.
- Determines insurance coverage by verifying policies and reviewing policy forms. Conducts investigation per department guidelines which may include telephonic interviews of insureds and service providers; reviewing file documentation; requesting appropriate documentation or records; consulting with experts when appropriate.
- Processes claims by authorizing payments on repair estimates and replacement invoices.
- Observes field adjusting of fire, storm, and auto damage losses, as well as liability scene inspections.
- Attends mediations, motion hearings, depositions, and/or trials.
- Assists with data entry.
- Prepares various reports by researching, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing research and project data.
- You are composed and enjoy working with ambiguity.
- You are customer focused and relate well to all kinds of people.
- You are patient and practice attentive and active listening.
- You set objectives and goals to reach deadlines.
- You are personally committed to continual improvement.
- You are a strong communicator.
What it Will Take
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on a 4.0-point scale.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate status.
- Basic computer software knowledge (word processing, e-mail, accessing and updating databases).
- Experience with operating typical office machines (such as a copy machine, fax machine, computer).
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record as determined by Society Insurance.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.