Salary – $61,529.00 – $78,452.00 Annually
Location – 160 S Macy Street Fond du Lac, WI
Job Type – Full Time
Department – Finance
Job Number – 0227PURCHMNGR
Closing – 3/10/2023 4:30 PM Central
This position is responsible for managing the procurement of materials, supplies and services on a countywide basis as part of a hybrid purchasing program in accordance with the Fond du Lac County code of ordinances, administrative policies and procedures, and Wisconsin State Statutes. Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. They are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Coordinate, provide guidance, and monitor County wide procurement activities collaborating with county staff and Director of Finance.
- Analyze and approve requests for purchases, prepares purchase orders, and places orders with vendors and receipt same in applicable software (purchase orders over $50,000 require Director of Finance approval).
- Collaborates with departments on request for proposals/qualifications, quote and bid processes. Maintains an inventory of specifications, prepares bid documents, places advertisements for bids, conducts bid openings and tabulates bids. Assists in the development of the scope of service and evaluation criteria, communicates with vendors, evaluates responses and recommends awards.
- Evaluates, negotiates and recommends options to bidding.
- Provides initial review of all contracts for goods and services to ensure: appropriate levels of and requirements for insurance are met, appropriate payment schedule, retainage amounts, and other contractual requirements as determined by the department. Forwards contracts to other functional areas as required (legal, administration, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal (including Uniform Grant Guidance), state, and local laws and statutes related to purchasing and procurement.
- Research, interview, screen and recommend potential new vendors.
- Manages the process for the prequalification of bidders as required by state statute (66.0901(2)).
- Responsibility for maintaining county-wide fixed asset data in computerized system to include creation, disposal and depreciation of asset.
- Recommend, assist in the development of, and implementation of policies, procedures and standards related to purchasing activities.
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective public and working relationship with departments, elected officials, staff, vendors, government agencies and the public.
- Establish and verify vendor and supplier information in ERP system.
- Direct the allocation of all insurance premiums to county departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
– Comprehensive knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations governing purchasing including Uniform Grant Guidance.
– Knowledge of contracts and procedures.
– Comprehensive knowledge of automated procurement systems and other data processing capabilities.
– Ability to utilize spreadsheets, word processing and automated procurement applications.
– Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective public and working relationships.
– Ability to maintain accurate and complete records and prepare clear and detailed reports.
– Ability to analyze and supervise the compilation of technical and statistical information and prepare complex technical reports.
Desired Training and Experience:
– Associates degree or higher with emphasis on accounting, purchasing and business management.
– Two years of responsible experience in the purchasing field, preferably in the public sector.
– Certified Professional Public Procurement certification desired.
– Knowledge of Oracle Cloud ERP preferred but not required.
– Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
– Ability to analyze and categorize data and information in order to determine the relationship of the data in reference to criteria/standards. Ability to compare, count, differentiate, measure and/or sort data and information. Ability to assemble, copy, record and transcribe data. Ability to classify, compute and tabulate data.
– Ability to persuade, convince and train others, including the ability to act in a lead capacity.
Ability to advise and interpret on how to apply policies, procedures and standards regarding purchasing.
– Ability to calculate percentages, fractions and decimals.
– Ability to use functional reasoning development in performing activities within rational systems involving diversified work requiring exercise of judgement.
– Ability to apply situational reasoning by exercising judgement, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against measurable criteria.
– Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including computers, calculator, scanner, copier, fax, telephone, etc.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.