Under the general direction of the Quality Leader, this position is accountable for the coordination of obtaining design/process compatibility on existing parts and products and working with Supplier Quality Engineers and Product Engineering to determine, with purchasing, the capability of existing and new suppliers.
- Performs problem analysis, process and machine capability studies.
- Determines and proposes statistical process controls for appropriate suppliers’ processes along with Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Responsible for tracking resolutions of supplier quality/productivity problems.
- Procurement of inspection/test equipment required in production areas assigned.
- Supervises quality process control and audit personnel as assigned.
- Maintains quality documentation at test and audit to engineering specifications.
- Maintains torque and process control monitoring activity.
- Works in conjunction with Supplier Quality Engineer to support the effort of new design introduction into documentation at test and audit to engineering specifications.
- Member of the process review team, helping Product Engineering introduce purchased and manufactured components.
- Provides rejected and warranty data to management team for analysis.
- 2 years of experience in quality assurance and control preferred.
- Functional knowledge of statistical concepts as applied to the field of Quality Control is imperative.
- Experience in a project team environment is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma highly desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong computer skills in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to identify, designs, and specify type of gauging for in-process inspection applications required.
- Problem solving ability, strong communication skills and diplomacy required.
- BS degree in Engineering, Quality or Manufacturing discipline desired.
- Certification as an ASQ Quality Engineer preferred.
Alliance Laundry Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and persons of all Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities.