Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick Corporation based in Fond du Lac, WI, is a unique, fun and rewarding place to work. Our fast-paced, high-energy environment fosters professional growth and satisfaction while recognizing and valuing individual performance.
If we can move boats through the water at record speeds, imagine what we can do for your career!
In this Quality Engineering Technician role you will:
- Develop & maintain professional working relationship with manufacturing supervisors, hourly employees, engineers, technicians, and managers.
- Deliver quality support to production with an emphasis on propeller manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot complex production problems related to process variation.
- Access Print Specifications on computer; interpret GD&T, understand tolerances, key product features and associated measurement techniques.
- Perform basic dimensional part inspections, utilizing calipers, micrometers, and various other handheld gauges.
- Organize & direct quality spill and containment activities.
- Support Nonconforming Material Process, as identified by our customers.
- Lead the tagging, sorting, and inspecting of suspect product.
- Communicate Quality Spill Containment findings.
- Interface daily with customers to identify root cause and implement corrective actions to improve process and quality control.
- Collaborate on resolution of process and product concerns.
- Mitigate risk through proactive analysis on manufacturing processes and systems
- Creation of standardized work, quality alerts and applicable training.
- Perform internal ISO Part & Process Audits, as directed.
- Understand and interpret statistical reports, e.g., histograms, control charts, etc.
- Conduct mathematical calculations of moderate complexity.
- Perform Special assignments as required.
- Interface with Assembly or sister plants.
- Support Plant Safety & Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Work first shift; Monday – Friday, 7am-4pm. Opportunity for overtime.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Commitment to health and safety (both in the office and in the plant).
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft, MS Teams, Windows operating System
- Experience with data mining and ability to collect and transfer the information into presentable formats (i.e., PowerBI, Ignition, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of pertinent manufacturing processes; machining, investment casting process & metrology.
- Familiarity with GD&T and the ability to read & understand blueprints & tolerance.
- Mechanical & spatial aptitude.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; written and verbal.
- Able to prioritize diverse assignments and complete in a timely fashion.
- Be able to perform with a sense of urgency and have sound problem-solving skills.
- Ability to diplomatically lead and instruct others in job related functions.
- Ability to reason through problems and suggest workable solutions.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, an engaged & receptive learner, and work well in a team setting.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible/adaptable, maintain a strong work ethic and be open-minded.
- Willingness to work extended hours and occasional weekends/holidays, as needed.
- Must be able to lift 35# repetitively with a single lift of 50#.
- Preferred bilingual skill; English/Spanish
- Have a broad knowledge of Quality Systems/Procedures
- Working knowledge of LSS, ISO and Safety Methodologies
- Previous experience managing the corrective action process and customer generated issues (Formal Problem Solving)
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician
- Completed GD&T Coursework or Training
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree in related field with two or more years of experience in any combination of: complex machining or metal casting operations, investment castings, Quality Assurance, Metrology and/or dimensional inspection.
- In lieu of a degree; five or more years’ experience in any combination of complex metal casting and/or machining operations, investment casting, Quality Assurance, Metrology and/or dimensional inspection.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.