Are you a self-starter who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement? Do you enjoy working on a team that proactively finds solutions and creates processes that improve quality and efficiency? Are you meticulous about ensuring product meets design specifications? Do you appreciate the importance of proper documentation? If you have this experience and a passion for play – keep reading!
At Burke, play is Work that Moves Us and we’re looking for a Quality Inspector to join our already amazing team. We’re a leader in the playground and recreation industry, focused on creating growth in both business and with our people. Some characteristics we think would help you rock this position are organization, thoroughness, effective written and oral communication, three years of quality inspector experience, and familiarity with ISO 9001 and 14001 Standards.
Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a Quality Inspector to work at Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
This role helps the Burke Team in these key quality and continuous improvement areas:
- Ensure issued corrective and preventive actions are understood, implemented, communicated, and documented through the proper channels.
- Respond to internal and external complaints and concerns in an efficient, thoughtful, and thorough manner.
- Complete inspections of pre-production, in-process, completed parts and assemblies, and incoming purchased parts per print, and provide documentation of such.
- Serve as a key quality resource to the production floor for problem identification, resolution, continuous improvement, and 5S efforts.
- Assist with internal product audits and with developing nonconformance resolutions with Quality Manager. Support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts at the plant and supplier levels.
- Assist in the implementation of methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Provide training and support to new and existing employees on the quality policy and to improve quality performance, enhance quality awareness, and communicate customer expectations.
- Gather product and warranty data to support improvement initiatives for reducing potential defects.
- Interface with Engineering and Operations as needed to ensure quality requirements for new products are established and upheld.
- Ensure quality procedures and work instructions are understood and effectively implemented.
- Gather data supporting quality metrics and participate in quality metrics communication.
- Assist with the calibration of scales, gauges, and measuring equipment.
- Become proficient in IPEMA/EN/CAN/AUS testing methods and processes.
- Become proficient in ISO 9001 and 14001 and day to day documentation changes, CAPA program, internal audits, improvements, and participate in annual Registrar audits.
- Become proficient in shop/office OSHA Safety needs and requirements and train employees as needed.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
Burke supports flexible work schedules when needed and as approved by the department manager. We also offer three weeks of vacation to all new employees.
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Minimum three years of experience working in quality inspection in an ISO certified manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work on a team to solve problems (8-D, 5-Why) and implement sustainable solutions.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization and external customers and suppliers.
- Proficient working knowledge of quality systems and tools and proven experience with continuous improvement.
- Must possess strong inspection/auditing skills.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to effectively develop and execute project plans and timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Exposure to AutoCAD is a plus.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in use of common measuring devices including calipers, tape measure, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, etc. to effectively ensure parts are made to print.
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.