It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick, based in Wisconsin offers a unique, fun and rewarding work environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance in the Marine segment of the recreational industry. Mercury’s work environment is fast-paced, competitive and high-energy.
This position is for 3rd shift. As the Quality Lab Technician, you will perform quality layout inspection procedures, practices, and standard evaluation methods that will ensure product quality and integrity. You will utilize laboratory instruments and equipment to help analyze, control, and minimize product variations. Run programs for Coordinate Measuring Machines and other inspection equipment that result in a detailed report format. Perform capability studies, GR&R s, and first piece approvals when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in operating and troubleshooting the CMM
- Able to setup and run various CMM programs / measure castings (Pc-DMIS based)
- Process / document First Piece and End of Run castings
- Daily inspection of production run
- Perform other inspections as needed including FARO arm scans and X-ray
- Communicate and follow up regarding non-conformances
- Contain non-conforming product
Key Traits and Required Skills
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in inspection and layout
- Able to lift, carry, and twist
- Be proficient in the use of inspection equipment
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively with others and provide guidance / training as needed
- Competent in reading casting and machining drawings
- Capable of making decisions based off data collected
- Able to pass up close vision test
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in Quality and Manufacturing environments
- Broad knowledge of quality processes
- Experience with metrology / inspection tools and methods
- CMM programming (preferred) and / or willingness to learn Pc-DMIS
- X-ray machine operation and image interpretation (preferred)
- Able to work overtime (daily, rotating weekends, possibly holidays)
- Experience in an ISO environment (preferred)
- Internal auditing experience (preferred)
- Familiarity with Lost Foam and Die Cast casting processes (preferred)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.