Location: Waupun, WI, US
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is one of the world’s largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Quality Systems Coordinator. The Quality Systems Coordinator coordinates the development, maintenance and compliance of the Quality Management System. Manages the internal audit program. Schedules and conducts internal audits to monitor compliance with Quality Management Systems, International Standards and Customer Specific Requirements. Schedules 3rd party audits and facilitates closure to audit findings.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Responsible for ensuring that a quality product is being produced by the plant that meets the customer requirements and Tenneco standards.
- Responsible for working safely, adhering to the facility’s environmental, health and safety policies and procedures to avoid injury to themselves and others. Comply with legal and other requirements.
- Continually monitoring the work environment to identify and communicate to supervisor / manager current or potential environmental, health or safety concerns.
- Understand preventative measures and create a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and report all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Maintain the Quality Management System required documentation, both in hard copy and electronic format.
- Identify, define and implement continuous improvement opportunities for the Quality Management Systems
- Create, update and maintain control of all Quality forms and related materials.
- Support Corporate Quality on the development of standards, forms and best practices to be used at all facilities within the product group.
- Identify, create and facilitate training needs to maintain a robust Quality Management System.
- Develop presentations used in various settings and meetings including, but not limited to, customer visits, All Employee Meetings, Quality Toolbox and new hire orientation.
- Establish and maintain documentation including Waupun Procedures, Policies, Work Instructions and other controlled documents.
- Provide backup support to others in the Quality Department (e.g. Quality Supervisor, Quality Engineer and Quality Manager).
- Identified as a point of contact for external customers and auditing bodies.
- Monitor and distribute external standards received at the plant, including, but not limited to customer-specific requirements, customer engineering standards, industry standards and other customer requirements.
- Maintain records held for retention in reference to established by the plant based on customer, corporate and legal requirements.
- Request and maintain access to customer supplier portals for accessing customer required documentation, scorecards, forms and other matter as deemed necessary to maintain and support customer compliance and satisfaction.
- Document and present information required for the Management Review process defined and required by the Quality Management System.
- Functions as lead auditor for Quality Management Systems. Schedule and carry out assigned internal audits. Facilitate closure on non-compliance items related to those audits.
- Support other Tenneco facilities by performing internal systems audits, documenting and communicating nonconformances identified and following up on closure of corrective actions as needed / required.
- Create audit schedules on an annual basis. Maintain central location of all audit files and monitor scheduled audits for timeliness.
- Schedule and coordinate activities for external audits, including customer and third-party. Acts as liaison/audit guide with external auditor. Primary contact for follow-up activities of an external audit, including submitting corrective actions with evidence. Maintains communication with the external auditor to ensure identified non-conformances are closed within the specified amount of time based on the requirements and audit type.
- Monitors External/Internal Audit, Customer and Third-Party Corrective Action log for timeliness of responses and follow-ups.
- Perform and/or participate in Supplier Audits for new and existing suppliers.
- Compose routine correspondence. Maintain correspondence and other records.
- Understand the use measurement tools and gauges used within the facility.
- Ability to read and understand a customer print, specifications, tolerances and related CSR standards.
EDUCATION: Associates degree from a college or technical school; and/or five years related experience and/or training in a quality system. IATF 16949, ISO 9001 or VDA 6.3 Internal Auditor Certification or equivalent desired.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, international standards, customer requirements and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak and present effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to interpret statistical data and graphical trends.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to adapt to new software and upgrades.
- Must be independently motivated and a self-starter.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead/ facilitate teams and drive / achieve closure.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.