It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Quality Technician (Investment Casting)
2nd Shift- Monday- Friday 3:00pm-11:30pm
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick Corporation based in Fond du Lac, WI, is a unique, fun and rewarding place to work. Our fast-paced, high-energy environment fosters professional growth and satisfaction while recognizing and valuing individual performance.
If we can move boats through the water at record speeds, imagine what we can do for your career!
As a Quality Engineering Technician you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified manufacturing, quality, and engineering professionals who are responsible for the production and manufacture of outboard and sterndrive motors for the recreational boating industry.
You will become an integral member of a manufacturing team committed to delivering superior results. You’ll learn how to work on the plant floor as part of a team of managers, supervisors, technicians, and production employees, as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationship with manufacturing supervisors, hourly employees, engineers, technicians, and managers.
- Provides technical support to engineers to achieve improvements in slurry health, cycle-time, yield, unit cost, quality, safety, and compliance with production and operations processes
- Monitors instruments and equipment and collects operating data including calibration, inspection, testing, and repair activities to assist in making on-line adjustments to instruments, robotics, equipment, or products
- Mitigate risk through analyzing and resolving slurry health issues and make adjustments to get slurry parameters back into specification
- Conduct analysis; prepare reports using metrics from scrap trending, reporting, and root cause analyses
- Test, analyze, and report results on our internal and external quality concerns.
- Interface daily with internal customers to collaboratively identify root cause and implement corrective actions to improve process and quality control.
- Assist in evaluating product issues identified by our customers.
- Collect and analyze data from manufacturing and warranty
- Work 2nd shift; Monday – Friday; 3:00pm-11:30pm. Opportunity for overtime when needed.
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience, you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Use and familiarize yourself with gauging techniques and instruments and different manufacturing processes.
- Gain a better understanding of the manufacturing environment and success factors for your future.
- Utilize personal influence to drive Continuous Improvement through the application of quality tools and methodology.
- Must have a “Safety First” mindset and demonstrate safe workplace practices.
- In lieu of a degree, 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting within quality or manufacturing operations
- Ability to use basic tools such as tape measures, micrometers, gauges, fixtures, hand tools, etc.
- Mechanical problem-solving aptitude – ability to look at things and trouble shoot, problem solve.
- Must be a dependable, self-motivated, and engaged learner. Inquisitive, detail oriented, and thorough.
- Advanced computers skills to include Excel and Power Point and utilize data mining programs.
- CMM & Keyence Operating Experience
- Associates degree in manufacturing, engineering, science, or related field.
- Previous experience managing the corrective action process and customer generated issues (Formal Problem Solving)
- ASQ Certifications and LSS experience
- PC-DMIS CMM programming experience
- AutoCAD or 3D modeling experience
- Strong math background with experience in basic statistics (F and t Tests, Distribution analysis, etc)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.