Are you a self-starter who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement? Do you enjoy proactively finding solutions and creating processes to improve quality and efficiency? Are you meticulous about record keeping and keeping audits on schedule? If you have this experience and a passion for play – keep reading!
At Burke, play is Work that Moves Us and we’re looking for a Quality Technician to join our already amazing team. We’re a leader in the playground and recreation industry, focused on creating growth in both business and with our people. A couple of characteristics we think would help you rock this position are organization, two years of quality experience and familiarity with ISO Standards.
Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a Quality Technician to work at Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
This role helps the Burke Team in these key quality and continuous improvement areas:
- Use both corrective and preventive actions to respond to internal and external complaints and concerns in a timely manner.
- Inspections of in-process and completed parts and assemblies per print, and documentation of such.
- Serve as a key quality resource to Operations for problem identification, resolution, continuous improvement, and 5S efforts.
- Complete internal product audits and develop nonconformance resolutions with Quality Manager. Support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts at the plant and supplier levels.
- Assist in the design and implementation of methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Provide training and support to new and existing employees on the quality policy and to improve quality performance, enhance quality awareness, and communicate customer expectations.
- Gather and analyze product and warranty data to support improvement initiatives for reducing potential defects.
- Interface with Engineering and Operations as needed to ensure quality requirements for new products are established and upheld.
- Update and develop quality procedures and work instructions to improve the factory quality system, support quality system audits, and review results with audit team.
- Facilitate and participate in quality metrics reporting and communication.
- Calibration of scales, gauges and measuring equipment.
- Become proficient in IPEMA/EN/CAN/AUS testing methods and processes.
- Become proficient in ISO 9001 and 14001 and manage day to day documentation changes, CPAR system, internal audits, improvements, and participate in annual Registrar audits.
- Become proficient in shop/office OSHA Safety needs and requirements and train employees as needed.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
Burke supports flexible work schedules when needed and as approved by the department manager. We also offer three weeks of vacation to all new employees.
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Minimum two-year degree in Quality or Manufacturing Engineer related programs, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience working in Quality in a manufacturing environment. If no degree, a minimum of 5 years in similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems (8-D, 5-Why) and implement sustainable solutions.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization and externally with both customers and suppliers.
- Experience in an ISO certified manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient working knowledge of quality systems and tools and proven experience with continuous improvement.
- Must possess strong inspection/auditing skills.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to effectively develop and execute project plans and timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and exposure to AutoCAD.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in use of common measuring devices to include calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, etc.
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.