Fond du Lac
Job ID: R55691
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location: 210 Wisconsin American Dr., Fond Du Lac, WI 54937
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hours Per Week: 20
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Wednesdays 8am-5pmEvery other Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pmAdditional hours available upon PTO coverage
- Competently performs basic to advanced radiologic procedures including general diagnostic, general fluoroscopy, and c-arm procedures, if performed at assigned facility.
- Communicates with patients to explain procedures, obtain clinical history, confirm acknowledgment of patients’ understanding and address any questions or concerns.
- Positions patients and selects exposure factors for various radiologic examinations and provides patient with radiation protection and safety in accordance with prescribed methods.
- Identifies patient and labels images pertaining to the patient, compares requisitions to physician’s orders to ensure exam accuracy, and processes images ensuring quality of radiographs and calls back patients as necessary.
- Assists, communicates and consults with the physician(s). Works independently outside the department with providers.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with various regulatory agencies and enters patient and study information into the radiology information system, and documents billing codes of procedures performed to ensure accurate patient charges.
- Serves as a technical resource, role model and/or preceptor for students and staff. Acts as a resource to staff at own facility and throughout the system. Assists with accreditation efforts.
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Radiographer license issued by the state of Wisconsin, and
- Registered Technologist (RT) registration issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not required.
- Advanced training beyond High School that includes the completion of an accredited or approved program in Radiologic Technology.
- No experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Competent in radiology positioning and techniques.
- Knowledge of radiation safety, anatomy and radiology equipment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and patient service skills to work effectively with physicians, patients and other staff members.
- Ability to work independently.
- Intermediate computer skills.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and reach above shoulders frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to stand/walk for majority of the day.
- Must be able to:
- – lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- – lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- – carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- – push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- – perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person present.
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids; therefore, personal protective equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Must have clear speech, vision, and hearing.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.