Marchant Schmidt, Inc. a leader in the food processing equipment industry with interests in both the national and international markets, is continuing to grow our business and creating additional opportunities in a variety of departments.
We’ve been in business for 50 years and have seen strong and steady growth during that time. We can offer you a fast paced, challenging work environment along with the opportunity to grow with a great company!
Marchant Schmidt is a global leader in the manufacture of Industrial Food Cutting Solutions and serves the world from our manufacturing sites in the United States and the United Kingdom. With a strong engineering focus, we produce Hygienic Automation solutions and are known to be direct food contact specialists. Family values drive our culture, innovation, quality and responsible customer partnerships.
Summary: Responsible for developing new business and maintaining existing accounts in the specified region by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and supports existing and new accounts in the region.*
- Advises customer on types of equipment solutions while considering factors such as cost, space availability, and production requirements
- Emphasizes product features based on audit of customer’s needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.*
- Negotiates customer prices and terms of sale.*
- Maintains customer records using automated systems.*
- Prepares monthly sales forecasts and records customer activity in CRM.*
- Identifies prospective customers by using business directories, industry networking, following leads from existing clients, participating in industry organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences.*
- Works with inside sales and engineering for the best solution based on customer’s needs and product specifications.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Experience in food and dairy industry
- Experience in selling capital equipment
- Relationship building skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to travel sixty to seventy percent of the time
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and electrical controls
- Communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Service oriented
- Problem solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather), and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.