Salary – $35.73 – $39.90 Hourly
Location – 459 E First Street Fond du Lac, WI
Job Type – Full Time
Department – Department of Community Programs
Under the direction of the Unit Coordinator, maintains patient safety, evaluates and assesses patients’ status, implements care plans, carries out medical orders, evaluates new admissions, prepares detailed discharge plans.
Newly hired full time employees will be eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus. $3,000 will be paid out upon successful completion of training at 6 weeks. $2,000 will be paid out upon successful completion of full time employment at six months.
Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides a therapeutic environment that protects patients.
- Plans and evaluates, while producing a written assessment and an up-to-date care plan.
- Documents patient’s status and response to care.
- Conducts nursing support groups and individual 1:1 supportive counseling.
- Admits and discharges patients based on physician orders.
- Prepares detailed discharge plans for each patient and coordinates follow-up treatment with the patient’s county of residence.
- Administers medications.
- Sets limits on patients’ behaviors and intervenes to decrease panic n disturbed patients, which may include applying restraints or imposing seclusion in emergent situations.
- Observes patient’s behavior for changes in order to intervene appropriately.
- Supervises nonprofessional nursing staff in providing quality care.
- Communicates with patients, their families, physicians, other community agencies, legal authorities, etc., as needed.
- Participates in staff development and performance appraisals.
- Attends unit meetings and in-services.
- Participates in the development, interpretation, and implementation of the unit’s and facility’s philosophy, objectives, standards, policies and procedures.
- Acts as charge nurse in absence of the unit coordinator.
Good physical and mental health, with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; frequent lifting or carrying of objects, intermittent standing and walking; bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling and reaching. Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate clearly. Willingness to be part of the treatment team and work hours as needed.
Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
Supervision is given to RN’s, LPN’s and Nurse’s Aides. The incumbent makes decisions regarding evaluation and assignment of employees.
Excellent benefits including, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, deferred compensation, and enrollment into Wisconsin Retirement System. Offers paid sick time, vacation, floating holidays, and holiday pay.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.
We are currently hiring for:
FT AM Shift
FT and PT PM Shift
FT and PT NOC Shift