Job Type: Full-time
Work from home flexible! Ideal candidate must be local or comfortable with commuting to support and visit members.
Anticipated county coverage: Fond du Lac (caseload may shift per business need)
The RN Care Manager, as part of an interdisciplinary team (IDT), serves frail elders, adults with physical disabilities and adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities who are members of Lakeland Care, Inc. (LCI). The team’s goal is to promote the overall well-being of the members LCI serves by providing high quality, person-centered, outcome based care.
Under general direction of the Care Management Supervisor, this position provides care management and service coordination to LCI members. As a member of the IDT, the RN Care Manager (RNCM) arranges for provision of services and supports based on a comprehensive assessment of the member’s identified outcomes and needs. The IDT staff monitors the provision of services based on the member-centered plan per LCI policy and procedures, and Department of Health Services (DHS) contract requirements.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team (which also includes a care manager and the member and/or legal representative), the RNCM conducts a comprehensive assessment of the member’s outcomes, needs and risks; and reassesses as the member’s outcomes and/or condition changes.
- Coordinate acute and primary care services, care transitions and related follow-up care.
- Develop, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate members’ outcome-based member-centered plans, considering cost and effectiveness in authorizing services and choosing providers.
- Promote prevention and wellness by incorporating preventative, supportive, restorative, and rehabilitative care into the care planning process.
- In collaboration with the Care Manager (CM), implement risk mitigation strategies to promote the member’s health, safety and independence while respecting the member’s rights.
Commitment to Excellence
- Participate in on-going training to maintain current knowledge to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, LCI policy and procedure and accepted professional standards.
- Create and maintain member records as required by the Department of Health Services (DHS) contract and LCI policy.
- Participate in, via face-to-face, in-home visits and care conferences involving the member, their supports, and providers to assess, reassess, and address health and medically related needs.
- Participate in the 24-hour on-call rotation as necessary.
- Participate in team meetings and internal workgroups as required/requested.
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintain the confidentiality of member information and protected health information (PHI) as required by State and Federal regulations, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.
The duties listed above are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Work Relationships and Scope:
The Care Management Supervisor provides general direction for this position. Decisions are made within the policies and procedures established by LCI. There is significant interaction with other professionals, both inside and outside LCI. In addition to frequent and direct interaction with LCI members, this position also interacts regularly with LCI staff, professionals and medical personnel from outside agencies.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing strongly preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of skilled nursing experience preferred, ideally in gerontology/disabilities and/or home care.
- Ability to access members’ homes which are not required to comply with the ADA regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Current WI driver’s license, acceptable driving record and proof of adequate insurance.
In evaluating candidates for this position, Lakeland Care may consider a combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. The education and or the experience requirement for this position may only be waived with the approval of the State as per LCI’s contract.
Work will be performed in external locations such as members’ homes, assisted living facilities and other like settings, and remotely or in a designated office environment. Work hours are generally during normal business hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; however, unscheduled evening and weekend work may occasionally be necessary to meet members’ needs and/or the needs of the organization. Periodically, provides 24-hour on-call support. Travel is required frequently throughout the county where the position is based, as well as occasionally outside of the county.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Accepting until filled.
Lakeland Care offers the Family Care Program to support the elderly and adults with disabilities population. We serve in 22 counties in the Central to NE regions of Wisconsin and have 11 offices (Crivitz, Fond du Lac, Green Bay, Green Bay East, Manitowoc, Marinette, Oshkosh, Shawano, Rhinelander, Wausau, Wisconsin Rapids).
Empowering individuals. Strengthening communities. Inspiring futures.
To create a world we all want to live in.
Our Core Values
Kindness – We believe kindness is always possible and that no compassionate act is ever wasted.
Inclusion – We believe that open hearts and open minds are the only path to a brighter future.
Trust – We believe that honesty is still in style and that promises still have power.