Fond du Lac
It’s more than a career, it’s a callingWI-St. Agnes Hospital
A one-time sign on bonus is available to qualified individuals for up to $5,000 with a 2 year service commitment.
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Peace, hope, and health for every person, family, and community, especially those most in need.
Compassion, respect, excellence, stewardship, and community.
The Neuro Med Surg unit is located on the 5 West wing of the hospital. This unit is 20 beds with an additional 5 bed Rehab unit. They treat a wide range of neurological disorders and diagnoses including Neuro Psych patients, Neuro Surgical cases, general Medical Surgery patients, and cases of Chronic Heart Failure. We are seeking compassionate individuals who are passionate about delivering high-quality care and are ready to be a part of a dynamic and fulfilling work environment. Submit your application today to join our team!
Work Schedule & Holiday Rotation
This is a part time night shift position working a combination of 8 and 12 hour shifts through the week for a total of 24 hours per week. The schedule is 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. This role also has a holiday rotation and an every third weekend rotation.
– Comprehensive suite of health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401K, HSA/FSA, and generous PTO plan.
– Daily Pay for qualifying positions.
– Established employee recognition program.
– Commitment to employee wellness through our EAP, well-being checks with leaders, flexible work schedule where feasible, and online wellness opportunities. Select locations also offer free on-site fitness center access, meditation rooms, and serenity gardens.
– A culture that supports professional development including tuition reimbursement and discounts, participation in the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program, professional development days, opportunities for career advancement and much more!
– Employee discounts through our Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts Corporate Membership – up to 40% off concert tickets, classes, workshops, plus access to discounts at local and national retailers.
– 40% discount on eye glasses through SSM Health Eye Care Optical Shops at select locations.
– Employee Relief Fund to help with life’s unexpected financial emergencies.
– Commitment to caring through philanthropy, volunteer opportunities, and PTO donation program.
Job Summary:Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to increase the quality of care and quality of life for the patient, family, and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Establishes effective relationships and serves as an advocate with the patient, family, and significant other(s) to facilitate the development of the care plan unique to the patient’s care needs.
- Uses the nursing process to develop and implement the plan of care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes, determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate patient outcomes.
- Develops assessment and management strategies based on a consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social, economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the impact of actual or potential illness and each patient’s physical, functional, cultural, social, economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure status.
- Utilizes leadership skills by coordinating and collaborating with the patient, family, significant other(s), communities, and members of the inter-professional team in assessing needs, setting goals, planning interventions, providing care, and evaluating outcomes.
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical, legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within the boundaries of available economic resources.
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote comfort.
- Fosters a healthy work environment within the practice setting and profession by serving as a mentor and role model for nursing colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department’s Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing or education equivalency for licensing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) – Medical Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB), Certified Medical-Surgical RN (CMSRN) – American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Certified Oncology Nurse (OCN) – American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Certified Oncology Nurse – Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), FUTURE – Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90 days – American Heart Association (AHA), Medical-Surgical Nurse-Board Certified (RN-BC) – American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification (RN-BC) – American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Orthopedic Nurse Certified (ONC) – Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board (ONCB), Registered Nurse (RN) – State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State License, Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) – American Board of Neuroscience Nursing (ABNN), Vascular Access Certification (VA-BC) – Vascular Access Certification Corporation (VACC)
Work Shift:Night Shift (United States of America)
Department:1001000038 Medical/Surgical 5W
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.