Title – RN – School Nurse
School/Building – Woodworth Middle School
Number of Openings – 1
Close Date – Open until filled
Name – Jill Irving
Title – School Health Programs
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – (920)906-6548
Position Start Date – 11/27/2023
Salary/Wage – $28 – $30.15/ hour
Terms/Schedule – 7.5 hours per day
Appointment Type – Full Time
The Fond du Lac School District has a School Nurse vacancy. Prefer current Tracheotomy and Ventilator Certification (or will send for training). Position Summary: Under the direction of the Coordinator of School Health & Safety Programs, assist in the implementation of the SHP initiatives at assigned schools, as defined by district policies, WI state statutes, and consistent with the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act. The goals of the position are to maintain and/or improve the health status of students, thus enabling them to benefit from their educational experiences, and to promote optimum health status and lifestyles for all students through the joint efforts of the home, school, and community.
- Applies appropriate nursing theory as the basis for decision-making in the school
- Implements and maintains a comprehensive school health program
- Develops individualized health plans for students with health concerns
- Develops and implements ATOD prevention and health education program
- Serves on Individual Educational Planning meetings for students with health-care concerns
- Acts as a liaison between the parent and the community, schools, and appropriate health professionals
- Collaborates with professionals (school and community) in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and school health activities
- Assist students, families, school staff, and groups to achieve optimal levels of wellness through health promotion
- Supervises and provides field experience for nursing students utilizing the school for their clinical experience
- When indicated, fulfills the responsibility of awarded school health grant objectives
- Participates with other members of the community to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate school health services and community services provided for the school-age student
- Assists in development, delegation, and supervision of appropriate treatment procedures
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned by Administrator of School Health Program
LOCATION: East Central Wisconsin. Award-winning schools and staff. Sixty miles north of Milwaukee on Highway 41. Easy driving distance to University of Wisconsin systems located in Oshkosh, Madison, Milwaukee, and Green Bay. UW Campus (two years) and Marian University (four years) located in Fond du Lac.
SCHOOLS: 15 schools – one high school, grades 9-12; one alternative high school, grades 9-12; three middle schools, grades 6-8; nine elementary schools, grades 4K-5; one STEM charter school serving grades 5 – 12. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Belief that students must receive a high quality educational experience resulting in high student achievement
Belief in advancing the learning of all students in the district by addressing the entire range of inequities across race, ethnicity, social class, ability, gender, sexual/gender identity and their intersections.
Belief that the principal serves as an instructional leader.
Belief in the Professional Learning Community Model and the RTI / PBIS Framework.
Belief in collaborative and collective problem solving.
Belief that each student has intrinsic value and is a unique individual with different needs and abilities. Belief and background in educational accountability and that schools are accountable to the community. Belief in parent and community based partnerships and that families, schools, and community empower students to become responsible and accountable citizens.
Belief that positive and productive relationships create and support an environment conducive to optimal learning.
The Fond du Lac School District does not discriminate in the employment of support staff on the basis of the Protected Classes of race, color, national origin, age, sex (including transgender status, change of sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity) pregnancy, creed or religion, genetic information, handicap or disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, military service (as defined in 111.31, Wis. Stats.), ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, use or non-use of lawful products off the District’s premises during non-working hours, declining to attend an employer-sponsored meeting or to participate in any communication with the employer about religious matters or political matters, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.
Years of Experience – 0
Degree – Bachelor
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation