Job Type – Full-time
JOB PURPOSE or JOB SUMMARY:
Safety Manager is accountable and responsible for overseeing the current company safety and compliance programs. These programs include, but are not limited to:
- Adhering to all government regulations,
- Meeting/administering all company and personnel training requirements,
- Managing and following through on all safety related issues,
- Identifying and leading teams to mitigate high risk activities on projects, and
- Ensuring all Commonwealth developments and construction projects are executed with safety management excellence.
Communication and documentation are paramount. There are travel requirements associated with this position to support all the requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and continually updates Company Safety Manual as required.
- Develops site-specific safety policies and procedures.
- Performs inspections, investigations, and analyses to minimize the potential for accidental losses.
- Manages and develops safety and training programs.
- Develops and conducts new employee safety orientation.
- Facilitates set-up on all projects with established equipment and protocols for successful safety adherence.
- Manages qualification programs for trade partners.
- Manages and regularly conducts on-site safety assessments of crews and properties within the operations and monitors those corrective actions taken.
- Utilizes Root Cause Analysis to determine the root cause of employee injuries and general liability claims.
- Maintains safety files and records; prepare reports for management as needed.
- Investigates all incidents, near misses or accidents resulting in lost time injuries or major property, liability, or equipment damage. Provides appropriate reporting accordingly.
- Implements/enforces Commonwealth safety and quality procedures.
- Oversees documentation/database efforts with internal and external stakeholders through pre-development/ development phase analyses, construction operations and Owner training.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or a minimum of 5+ years of Safety Leadership in the Construction Industry, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills/diplomacy
- Skilled communication, both written and oral
- Candidate with OSHA 510 and 500 certifications, preferred.
- A successful candidate must be disciplined and well-organized with a strong bias towards timely, detailed performance against aggressive deadlines.