2ND, 6:00pm – 3:30am
Realize your ambition. Say cheese!
You are a punctual self-starter who works professionally in both a team environment as well as individually. You have a willingness to take direction. You like to work with your hands. You have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. You are known for your ability to learn new skills.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
- Disassemble curd tables, wash them by hand, and then reassemble.
- Disassemble the mixer/cooker. Wash the mixer/cooker parts in the COP tank. Wash the inside of the mixer/cooker using water/chemicals for a specific time period to reach a specific temperature and concentration. Use a foamer to clean the exterior of the mixer/cooker.
- Disassemble the string cheese extruder. Wash some of the string cheese extruder by hand. Wash some of the string cheese extruder parts in the COP tank for a specific time period to reach a specific temperature. Use a foamer to clean the exterior of the string cheese extruder.
- Disassemble the string cheese loader. Wash some of the string cheese loader parts by hand. Wash some of the string cheese loader parts in the COP tank. Use a foamer to clean the exterior of the string cheese loader.
- Wash the interior, exterior, and bottoms of both brine flumes.
- Remove the garbage from the production area, “old plant” area, bathrooms, and lunchroom.
- Making connections for the CIP systems to wash the HTST room, whey room, starter room, and line for the cyclone for the mixer/cooker.
- Wash the twist cooker and twist exit conveyor.
- Put ster-bac in all the floor mats in the production area and the “old plant” area.
- Scrub all floors in the production area, packaging areas, “old plant” areas, and large and small coolers.
- Act as a fill-in to run tables during production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Education and Experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED/HSED) required or minimally enrolled with anticipated completion in 12 months or less
- Prior manufacturing experience is a plus
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and carry out lock out tag out procedures as required.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, reach, stand, and walk constantly.
- Ability to push/pull occasionally.
- Ability to meet attendance and punctuality standards.
Sargento is a refrigerated food production facility and the ability to work in a cold environment is a necessity. Machinery, moving mechanical parts, and robotics are used during production, so the work environment is usually loud. During sanitation work, you may be exposed to wet, humid, damp conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.5 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.