Seneca Foods is one of North America’s leading providers of packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout the United States. Our high quality products are primarily sourced from over 2,000 American farms. Seneca holds the largest share of the retail private label, food service, and export canned vegetable markets, distributing to over 90 countries. Products are also sold under the brands of Libby’s®, Aunt Nellie’s®, READ®, Seneca Farms®, Green Valley®, CherryMan®, Paradise®, Pennant®, and Seneca labels, including Seneca snack chips. Seneca also provides vegetable products to other companies under various co-pack arrangements.
2023 Seasonal Agricultural Employment
Seneca Foods Corporation in Ripon, WI is currently seeking seasonal agricultural workers for its 2023 production season:
• Peas – mid-June through late July
• Corn – late July through mid-October
• Green Beans – late June through mid-October
• Beets & Cabbage- early July through mid-November
This timeframe is tentative and can be affected by the weather and crop availability. Seneca provides safe working conditions, paid overtime over 40 hours per week, 12-hour shifts, and on-the-job training.
•Field Scout: Field inspections of vegetable crops on a weekly basis. Identification of insects, weeds and diseases and reporting any pressures that would require action to be taken.
• Harvest Operator: Operate pea combine and/or corn harvester to pick the crop and assist with minor machine repairs, adjustments, maintenance, and sanitation.
• Crop Sampler: Collect 15- to 20-pound samples of peas and/or corn in an accurate and timely manner.
• Pre-grade/Raw Product Grading: Process pea and/or corn samples at the manufacturing plant location after samples are taken from the fields.
• Truck Router/Flow Control: Dispatch trucks and schedule loads to the manufacturing plant to ensure timely processing of peas and corn.
All positions must:
- Work in a safe and responsible manner
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and safety policies/procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Regular Attendance
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license for any position involving the use/operation of company equipment
- Harvest Operators: Farm equipment operation experience is preferred but not required
- Harvest Operators: Ability to work 12+ hour shifts. Shifts can be affected by the weather and crop availability
Apply here to be considered for all open 2023 Seasonal Ag positions.
Seneca Foods Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunity for all, through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Seneca Foods Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact us at ADA@senecafoods.com or call 315-926-8100.