|FTE:||0.50 (20 hours/week)|
|Reports To:||Security Supervisor|
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing a safe and secure learning environment.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, in assigned motor vehicle, or other specialized vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security. Monitors surveillance systems and reports suspicious behavior.
- Monitor physical safety of campus facilities including athletic fields by securing buildings and property for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activity.
- Enforces Marian University Code of Conduct for a safe environment.
- Provides escort services for students, visitors, staff, and faculty, as necessary provides other public assistance, such as lockout services, and routine information.
- Watches for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Provide support at the scene of emergency situations with emergency personnel assistance by providing direction and securing the area.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and/or detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Performs checks of fire panels, mechanical rooms, fire extinguishers, AED units, cameras and other devices to ensure proper functioning.
- Patrols and monitors assigned parking areas and/or parking garages to provide public security and assistance.
- Maintains security controls for issued University keys; safeguards and controls issue University equipment.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Issue parking citations as appropriate.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned. – 5%
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass background investigation in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Valid driver’s license
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Security Guard’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.