Reporting to our VP- North American Operations, the Sr. Director – Supply Chain will be instrumental in helping transform the Supply Chain organization by identifying, improving, and implementing new systems, processes, and standardized best practices. This role is an integral operations partner providing strategy and leadership to our Procurement, Materials, Scheduling, Inventory Control, and Logistics teams.
This role will take the lead on a wide variety of high priority projects and must have demonstrated strong leadership impact while collaborating constructively with other functional leaders to develop and implement breakthrough strategies and results. With a focus on front end procurement and planning in an urgent, high-pace environment the Sr. Director will have a significant impact on the financials and overall success of the business.
- Promote safety throughout the entire organization. Must always set safety as the predominant priority and drive this mindset.
- Create a motivating environment to successfully help people through change in a positive manner; fosters open communications and innovation; minimizes complexity; involves others in decision making and clearly demonstrates respect for the team in all situations.
- Champion transformation of an environment and culture conducive to, and driven by, Continuous Improvement; an idea/problem-solving culture.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top talent to support supply chain initiatives and strategy.
Sourcing and Supply Chain Leadership
- Lead Supply Chain Transformation from vision, business processes, and strategy to drive excellence in supply chain performance. Must be a visionary leader and must also be adaptable to become tactical during times of need. Must demonstrate and drive a strong sense of urgency within the entire team.
- Lead and direct the entire North America supply chain team by providing effective leadership to achieve the customer delivery, cost, performance and improved productivity, and quality objectives set for the business.
- Lead and improve Material/Inventory Management best practices including Plan for Every Part (PFEP), ABC Analysis, Purchasing Methods (PO, Blanket, etc), Warehouse Management (Cycle Count Accuracy, Transactions, Bar Coding, RFID) and Advance Replenishment Methods (MRP, Stocking Programs, VMI, Consignment, Re-Order Point and Direct Pull).
- Develop and ensure execution of effective sourcing strategy, best value supplier selection, New Product supplier selection and readiness, and delivering on procurement milestones including supplier quality, delivery, innovation pipeline, working capital excellence and productivity.
- Select, develop, and manage the global supply base from a production process excellence perspective. Lead supplier development and address supply issues impacting cost, quality, and delivery. Constantly identify sourcing risks and develop mitigation and/or contingency plans.
- Execution of direct and indirect material savings plans.
- Execution of Root Cause and Corrective Action plans for supplier caused quality defects.
- Develop and challenge resources to improve performance through systems utilization and process improvements.
- Leads initiative to ensure continuity of supply throughout the operations to achieve uninterrupted supply of quality components and assemblies.
- Ensure Supply Chain synchronized with Production Execution capabilities to maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related discipline
- MBA preferred CPM/APICS & CPIM
- 15 years progressive management experience within operations and supply chain in a medium to large-size manufacturing environment
- Experience leading high priority strategic initiatives
- Experience with organizational development; building and leading the organization to the next level of maturity
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong combination of strategic thinking and tactical implementation skills; must be a leader and strong motivator of people and be willing to function as a team player with strong experience in dealing with senior leaders.
- Ability to function calmly in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Communicates in an open and direct style to establish quick and effective credibility within team, as well as with a diverse set of business leaders; the ability to collaborate and influence is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster a high-engagement, team-oriented, spirited culture.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Process improvement knowledge and familiarity with Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies with demonstrated ability to effectively lead change.
- Travel on an as-needed basis, up to 15% of the time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.