JOB PURPOSE or JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Estimator is responsible for accurately estimating the cost, time, materials, labor, and equipment required for a construction project. They perform cost analyses, determine the duration of a project, procure vendors and subcontractors, and ensure that resources are managed, and deadlines are met. The Senior Estimator will be headquartered at the Commonwealth Companies corporate office in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, with certain flexibility based on the needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the creation of preliminary budgets
- Create Scope of Work to be sent out with Invitation to Bid
- Identify all potential subcontractors/suppliers to solicit for Invitation to Bid
- Compile blueprints, specifications, and related documents for Invitation to Bid
- Conduct onsite Prebid meetings with project manager
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying blueprints, specifications, and related documents for bids
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Present prepared estimate/budget by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information for review with team members from actual proposals or company self-performance
- Maintain historical cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, etc.
- Collaborate with owners, developers, architects, engineers, subcontractors
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Some travel required
- 3+ years’ experience in construction estimating
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of the construction processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Project, and Excel
- System Software used in the Estimating Department include Pipeline and Plan swift will train as needed
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, and reach above shoulders. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to noise, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but it can be loud at times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.